Before I start my Good/Bad list, I have to say this was a strange book for me to review. I'm not going to lie, in the beginning I was not digging Eden's character. I thought she was a complete airhead. However, as I kept reading I found myself being sucked in to the book and falling in love with Eden and Kiran's story. This is pretty unusual for me. It is usually very hard for the main character to redeem themselves after making a bad first impression.
- I loved the history behind Eden's parents. It is obviously a story that will grow even more with the next books.
- I loved Avalon! Yes, he's a bit crazy and protective but I think he means well.
- The love story! If Kiran was real, I'd make googly eyes at him all the time! *swoon*
- The overall concept of the magical world was interesting. It sets the series up for a lot of great drama.
- I hated Eden for a while. She was so clueless to everything around her! She didn't seem to question anything that was told to her. I think that she will grow stronger as a character, though.
- I really didn't like the way that everyone kept Eden in the dark about everything. I'd be way more pissed if I was her!
- There were a lot of spelling and grammatical errors. It might have been from when I converted it to .mobi but a few other reviewers had the same problem.
- I wish Eden would have done less standing around and staring and more fighting during the action scenes.
I give this book 4 stars. I cannot wait to read the next book to find out what happens! I think I accepted that this book isn't entirely focused on the action as much as it does the love story. I'm okay with that. I mean, the series is called "Star-Crossed" so you know that there will be a big focus on love. As long as you go in to the book looking for more love story than action I think you will love this book!