One of the Lovers of Paranormal's Books of the Month (BOTM) was A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies. Usually I'm pretty excited to write reviews for books but for some reason I put this off all day. On the night of her surprise party, Skye meets two mysterious boys named Asher and Devin. She shrugs off the strange encounter until she gets to school and finds out that they have transfered to her school. Asher and Devin are complete opposites. The only thing the two have in common is their goal to get Skye's attention. Strange things keep happening to Skye and she has no idea what is happening to her. Asher and Devin drop a major bomb on her and she finds that she is caught in the middle of the two boys. Skye has to choose between order and chaos and she has no idea which boy to believe.
- I like how they described the Order and the Rebellion. It kind of touched on angels and fallen angels but tried to change it up a bit.
- The cliffhanger ending. I usually hate cliffhangers but it fit very well with this book. It didn't give me a panic attack but I do want to know what happens in the next book.
- Meh. Overdone story line.
- I really need to learn more about these characters. Hopefully they will develop in the next book.
- The climax was... anticlimactic?
- Skye.. why are you so boring?? Whyyyy??
Alright. I give this book 3 stars. This fell in the middle for me. I didn't love it but I didn't hate it. I finished it and my reaction was "meh??" I thought about giving it 2 stars but I stuck with 3 because I do want to know what happens next. Overall, I wouldn't put this on the top of your To-Read list but don't hesitate to give it a shot.