Saturday, August 4, 2012

Time Mends Review

After the heartbreaking ending of Destiny Binds, we find Scout mourning the loss of Alex and recovering from her injuries. When she thinks things can’t get worse, she realizes that she is more apart of the Shifter world than she previously thought. Scout, Charlie, Jase, and Tally find themselves in more trouble than they could have imagined.

  Good
 - I cannot say it enough. Scout is a badass. She’s hilarious, sarcastic, and genuinely cares about people. This pretty much sums up why I think I would be friends with Scout: I’ve never been a runner by nature. My general philosophy was, why run if you’re not being chased?” Ahh. A girl after my own heart.
 - This book made me both laugh out loud and cry (on separate occasions of course). The characters were funny and Blackwell made me care so deeply for the characters that my heart broke when theirs broke.
 - The book gives you a really good understanding of the Shifter world and their politics.

  Bad
.. Okay I’m not kidding. I’ve been trying to come up with something that I disliked about this book and I can’t think of anything. I know nothing is perfect but I really can’t come up with anything!

 I love love love love this series! I finished the first one yesterday and found myself worrying about the characters all day. I had to finish another book to review before I let myself pick this one up but I definitely could not wait to find out what happened. I rate this book 5 stars but I'd rate it higher if I could.

**Spoiler Alert**


 And now for my rant I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT ALEX IS DEAD. No. No. No. I really hope that Blackwell isn’t cruel enough to keep him as a constant character in this book if she does not intend on bringing him back somehow. Seriously. My heart was breaking even though I was happy he was still in the story. I liked that Blackwell addressed that it is completely possible to love two people. Although Scout will never stop loving Charlie, she is aware that she will always belong with Alex. Yes, I hate love triangles but Scout seems to deal with it in a different way. Also, Jase better not be backstabbing asshat or I will flip out. One of the reasons why I loved Jase so much is because he cares so much about Scout and is extremely protective (although it can be extreme at times). If this image of Jase is shattered I will be so upset! Anyways, September 11, 2012 better come soon because I need to know what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment