So, to go along with my theme from my first review of The Grey Wolves series, this was my response to Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis:
- For the millionth time.. Jen and Sally are hilarious!! Drunken Jen singing Katy Perry? Uh-mazing.
- I'm so happy that there is a growing love story between someone other than Fane and Jacque. I mean, I love them but it's nice to see another story, too!
- I liked seeing the multiple point of views throughout the book. I think it provided so much to the story to be able to know what the others were thinking.
- I actually ended like liking Jacque's dad. I thought he was a total asshat until he proved that he actually cared about her.
- I wanted to know a little more from Lucas' point of view once he went a little cuckoo for coco puffs.
- I didn't like the hospital scene very much. It didn't seem real to me at all.
- I think this book almost gave me panic attack.. hence the bad squealing I mentioned earlier. I was stressing out while I was reading it! I actually had to physically get up and pace while I was reading because I was so worried about the characters. How sad is that?
I give this book 4 stars. I really enjoyed this book and I love how the characters are developing. I think it's great that Loftis doesn't focus on just one storyline and tries to incorporate new stories with the characters that are already established. I can't wait to see what happens with Jen!! I can't wait to start reading Just one Drop. Before I finish, I'm going to leave you with my favorite quote from the book:
"Fine, be the first werewolf raped by a drunken teenage girl. Whatever dude, it's your rep."
Everyone needs more friends like this. :)