Monday, August 6, 2012

Blood Rites Review

So, to go along with my theme from my first review of The Grey Wolves series, this was my response to Blood Rites by Quinn Loftis: 

Not all of it was good squealing either but I'll get to that later. Blood Rites picks up right where The Prince of Wolves left off. Jacque is preparing for the ceremony with Fane that will bond them for the rest of their lives. Before they can make it official, there is an accident that leaves Fane no choice but to put off the ceremony. Fane and Jacque are torn apart and they must find a way to reunite.

Good
- For the millionth time.. Jen and Sally are hilarious!! Drunken Jen singing Katy Perry? Uh-mazing. 
- I'm so happy that there is a growing love story between someone other than Fane and Jacque. I mean, I love them but it's nice to see another story, too!
- I liked seeing the multiple point of views throughout the book. I think it provided so much to the story to be able to know what the others were thinking.
- I actually ended like liking Jacque's dad. I thought he was a total asshat until he proved that he actually cared about her.

Bad
- I wanted to know a little more from Lucas' point of view once he went a little cuckoo for coco puffs.
- I didn't like the hospital scene very much. It didn't seem real to me at all.
- I think this book almost gave me panic attack.. hence the bad squealing I mentioned earlier. I was stressing out while I was reading it! I actually had to physically get up and pace while I was reading because I was so worried about the characters. How sad is that? 


I give this book 4 stars. I really enjoyed this book and I love how the characters are developing. I think it's great that Loftis doesn't focus on just one storyline and tries to incorporate new stories with the characters that are already established. I can't wait to see what happens with Jen!! I can't wait to start reading Just one Drop. Before I finish, I'm going to leave you with my favorite quote from the book:

"Fine, be the first werewolf raped by a drunken teenage girl. Whatever dude, it's your rep." 

Everyone needs more friends like this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment