I downloaded a free copy of Feathermore by Lucy Swing off Amazon the other day. I flew through this book in a few hours. Jade is a high school senior who loves her parents and her two best friends, Claire and Nate. Although she shares everything with her friends and family, she has been keeping a secret from them. She has been hearing a voice that seems to be warning her of something. On the first day of school, she meets an attractive new student, Avan. She is immediately drawn towards Avan and finds that he puts her mind at ease. Jade suddenly finds her life changing completely and she is facing something she never thought was imaginable. She must reevaluate her life and how Avan fits in to this picture.
- This was an interesting storyline that I didn't really see coming.
- I really liked Claire's character. I was glad to be able to see a story that can explain her behavior at the end of the book.
- I still felt like Jade's character could have been fleshed out a little more.
- I felt the connection between Jade and Avan didn't give me enough information. I would have liked to see a little more about their relationship to explain why they care about each other so deeply.
- The long monologue at the end that told the story of why Jade was being targeted. Although it was informative, I honestly got a little bored.
Overall, this book was a solid 3 stars for me. I liked the storyline enough and will be reading the second book when it comes out. I didn't completely fall in love with the book but I did not regret reading it.